- how new you are to the Meya Bot Platform
- your level of technical competence,
- your preferred learning style
Watch this 1 minute how-to video to make a "Hello, World" Meya bot.
Although you don't need to know how to write code, you should be comfortable with some concepts like YAML, text matching, and flow-based design.
The basic steps and activities for building a bot include:
- Creating a bot
- Choose a name, username, photo and description
- Adding one or more features to the bot. Features comprise of:
- Testing the bot
- Test the triggers (does it fire?)
- Test the flows (do the steps happen and in the correct order?)
- Test each component (does your unit of code work?)
- Connecting one or more messaging apps
- Twilio (SMS)
- Web live chat (.js snippet)
- Using your bot
- Each bot gets a unique URL that you can share with your users
- Try it out in realistic settings to see if it works as intended and "feels right"
- Improving your bot
- Add features
- Refine features
- Delete features